CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework – a toolkit – for people who build web sites using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
- Unzip the package.
- Upload the CodeIgniter folders and files to your server. Normally the index.php file will be at your root.
- Open the application/config/config.php file with a text editor and set your base URL. If you intend to use encryption or sessions, set your encryption key.
- If you intend to use a database, open the application/config/database.php file with a text editor and set your database settings.
- CodeIgniter is an Application Framework
- CodeIgniter is Free
- CodeIgniter is Light Weight
- CodeIgniter is Fast
- CodeIgniter Uses M-V-C
- CodeIgniter Generates Clean URLs
- CodeIgniter Packs a Punch
- CodeIgniter is Extensible
- CodeIgniter Does Not Require a Template Engine
- CodeIgniter is Thoroughly Documented
- CodeIgniter has a Friendly Community of Users
.. to be Continued